Pancetta, Potato & Bean Salad
CLICK TO VIEW PRODUCT DETAILS IN FEATURED RECIPE:
Prep Time: 30 min • Servings: 4
Mastro® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Mastro® Pancetta Cube-etti
green beans, cleaned and pre-cooked (blanched)
cloves garlic, finely chopped
medium red skin potatoes, soft cooked and cut in half lengthwise
large fingerling potatoes, soft cooked and cut in half lengthwise
small onion, finely diced
leaves Boston lettuce
bunch chives, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add the Pancetta and render it slowly till it gets slightly brown.
- Add the green beans, chopped garlic and a pinch of pepper. Don't add the salt just yet. Mix well, remove frying pan from the stove and set aside.
- Put the potatoes, diced onions and balsamic dressing into a mixing bowl and mix all ingredients well. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning if desired.
- Put about 2 1/2 tbsp. of balsamic dressing into a small mixing bowl. Set up 4 appetizer plates. Toss all the salad leaves into the dressing and arrange them on the plate, two pieces of each kind.
- With the potatoes, arrange a small border in the center of the plate.
- Taste the beans which are in the frying pan with the Pancetta and determine if more salt is required. Divide the beans and Pancetta in four equal parts right in the frying pan. Spoon the beans and Pancetta into the centre of the potatoes. Drizzle the bean and Pancetta mix with a spoonful of balsamic dressing.
- Sprinkle with the chopped chives and serve.