Brussels Sprouts and Smoked Prosciutto Salad
- 1 lb (500 g) Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby arugula
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Smoked Prosciutto, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place Brussels sprouts and apple chunks in separate bowls. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil to each bowl; toss well. Arrange Brussels sprouts in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Add apples to baking sheet in the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, apple chunks, arugula, smoked prosciutto and shallots. Add dressing; toss to coat well. Sprinkle blue cheese and walnuts over top.
- Tip: Substitute goat cheese for blue cheese if desired.