Caprese and Tuscan Ham Quesadilla
Try this quesadilla for a quick and easy weekend lunch.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 slices Mastro® Roasted Ham Tuscany Style Ham
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh basil leaves
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Layer ham, mozzarella, tomatoes and basil over one half of each tortilla; fold over to enclose filling.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; crack eggs into pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden on the bottom and crispy.
- Grill tortillas, turning once, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. To serve, cut grilled tortilla in half.
- Tips: Look for fresh mozzarella balls in the deli section of the supermarket. Serve with your favourite store-bought tomato sauce for dipping.