Chicken Capocollo Roulade
- 8 boneless skinless chicken fillets
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 16 slices of Mastro® Capocollo
- 16 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC). Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place 1 chicken fillet between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using small, heavy-bottom saucepan, pound chicken until even in thickness and doubled in size. Repeat with remaining fillets. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tbsp (15 mL) pesto over each chicken fillet. Arrange mozzarella, Capocollo and basil at one end. Roll each fillet into tight log. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Add Parmesan to bread crumbs; toss to combine.
- Coat each roll-up in flour, then egg, then bread crumb mixture; shaking off excess. Arrange, seam-side down, on prepared pan. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake, rotating once, for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- Tip: Get the kids in the kitchen to help prepare this meal. They can pound the chicken, roll up the fillets and help coat them in the breading mixtures.