Easy Tortellini and Prosciutto Cotto Tomato Soup
With prepared tortellini and tomato soup, this jazzed-up meal in a bowl is perfect for back-to-school lunches or weeknight dinners.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mastro® olive oil
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Prosciutto Cotto, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) tomato soup
- 4 oz (125 g) tortellini
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in saucepan set over medium heat; cook prosciutto cotto, onion, zucchini, carrot, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until prosciutto cotto starts to brown and vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in tomato soup and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water; bring to boil. Stir in tortellini. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tortellini is al dente. Stir in Parmesan and basil.
- Tip: Use cheese or meat tortellini.