Fig, Beet and Smoked Prosciutto Salad with Poached Eggs
This easy and elegant salad makes an impressive brunch dish.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced shallot
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) torn frisée lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) torn radicchio lettuce
- 4 figs, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) quartered ready-cooked or roasted beets
- 8 slices San Daniele® Smoked Prosciutto, torn
- 4 poached eggs
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until blended. In large bowl, toss together frisée, radicchio, figs, beets, prosciutto and olive oil mixture. Divide salad among 4 plates; top each with poached egg.
- Tips: Sprinkle a little crumbled blue cheese over salad if desired. Alternatively, substitute pear, plum or peach slices for figs Serve salad with fresh or toasted baguette slices if desired.