Green Bean, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Salad with Grilled Grapes
- 1 lb (500 g) green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) red seedless grapes, cut into small clusters
- 6 slices San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped walnuts
- 2 oz (60 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped chives
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Drain and immediately plunge into bowl of ice water; let cool completely. Drain and dry well using tea towel; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Whisk together vinegar, honey, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. While whisking constantly, slowly pour in olive oil until well combined and emulsified. Toss grapes with 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinaigrette. Grill, turning as needed, for about 5 minutes or until lightly marked and softened.
- Toss green beans with enough of the vinaigrette to coat; arrange on long, shallow platter. Tear prosciutto into ribbons and scatter over green beans. Top with grape clusters. Sprinkle with walnuts, goat cheese and chives. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Substitute fresh figs or pear wedges for grapes if desired.