Grilled Mortadella-Wrapped Peaches
This quick and easy appetizer is perfect for impromptu entertaining.
- 4 slices San Daniele® Mortadella
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wedges
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) bourbon
- Soak toothpicks or small bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well.
- Cut each slice of mortadella into 3 strips; wrap each around peach wedge and secure with toothpick. Combine maple syrup and bourbon; brush over mortadella-wrapped peaches.
- Grill peaches on greased grill for about 6 minutes or until mortadella is grill-marked and maple mixture is caramelized.
- Tips: Look for freestone peaches, which are easier to pit. Replace bourbon with 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla for kid-friendly fare.