Herbed Lentil and Genoa Salami Salad
Simple lentil salad gets a boost of flavour with fresh herbs and Genoa salami.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (150 g) Mastro® Genoa salami, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) bocconcini pearls
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill
- In large bowl, toss together lentils, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in salami, cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, parsley, basil, chives and dill.
- Tip: For an elegant presentation, serve the salad on a bed of arugula.