Mortadella and Pecorino Breadsticks
- 1 ball (650 g) pizza dough
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded pecorino or Asiago cheese
- 8 slices San Daniele® Mortadella
- 1 cup (250 mL) marinara sauce, warmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped pickled antipasto vegetable blend
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 16- x 10-inch (40 x 25 cm) rectangle. Stir together butter, garlic and rosemary; set aside.
- Arrange dough on greased baking sheet; brush with butter mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Arrange mortadella on top. Cover with tea towel and let stand in warm place for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into 16 breadsticks. In small bowl, stir marinara sauce with vegetable blend; serve with breadsticks for dipping.
- Tip: Pickled antipasto vegetables can be found in jars in the condiment aisle or at the serve-yourself olive bar in most grocery stores.