Mushrooms Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Cotto
Just like the little black dress, stuffed mushrooms are a timeless entertaining essential, perfect for any occasion.
- 2 oz (60 g) plain, brick-style cream cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika (approx.)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Prosciutto Cotto chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh tarragon
- 24 large cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Using electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, goat cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in Dijon, garlic, paprika and pepper until well combined.
- Stir in ham, Gruyère, 2 tbsp (30 mL) Parmesan, 1 tbsp (15 mL) parsley, chives and tarragon. Fill mushroom caps with cheese mixture, mounding over caps. Arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Combine remaining Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle with remaining parsley, and paprika (if desired).
- Tip: If desired, use this filling mixture to stuff chicken breasts or portobello mushrooms for an entrée version of this recipe.