Panzanella Salad with Chianti-Fennel Salami
The fresh flavours of radicchio and fennel combined with salami make for a satisfying take on classic Italian bread salad.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Mastro extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded radicchio
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced fennel
- 1 pkg (300 g) Mastro® RiservaTM Barolo Wine & Peppercorn Salami, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 loaf day-old Italian bread, torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Add radicchio, fennel, salami, red onion, olives, Parmesan cheese, parsley and bread; toss to combine.
- Tip: If using fresh bread, spread pieces on a baking sheet and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until crisp.