Prosciutto-Wrapped Dates with Herbed Goat Cheese
- 2 oz (60 g) goat cheese
- 2 oz (60 g) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 16 Medjool dates
- 8 slices San Daniele® Prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- Mix together goat cheese, mascarpone, chives, mustard, honey and pepper until well combined.
- Gently pull apart dates (remove pits if necessary); stuff with some of the goat cheese mixture. Press together to enclose filling.
- Wrap piece of prosciutto around each date and secure with pick. Arrange on serving platter; serve immediately. (Or, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.)
- Tip: Mascarpone is an Italian-style cream cheese and can be found with other soft Italian cheeses, such as ricotta, in the dairy section. If unavailable, substitute plain, brick-style cream cheese.