Quinoa and Salametti Lettuce Cups
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrot
- 1 cup (250 mL) Mastro® Salametti, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- 12 large lettuce cups
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumber matchsticks
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped toasted cashews
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) thinly sliced green onions
- Heat olive oil in large, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook onion and carrot for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add salametti and garlic; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, soy sauce and sriracha; cook for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into lettuce cups. Top with cucumber, avocado, cashews and green onions. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Plan ahead and prepare this recipe for a hearty work or school lunch by packing the quinoa mixture separately from lettuce leaves and toppings.