Savoury Pancetta and Goat Cheese Bread Pudding Cups
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil
- 4 oz (125 g) Mastro® Diced Pancetta
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups (1.5 l) cubed day-old Italian bread
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) 5% light cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200C). Grease 12-cup muffin pan; set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pancetta with onion for 5 to 7 minutes or until pancetta is browned around edges and onion is softened. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Toss together bread cubes, pancetta mixture, roasted red peppers and parsley. Divide evenly among muffin cups, mounding slightly over the top of pan.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, Dijon, salt and pepper; slowly pour over each cup, allowing mixture to get absorbed. Sprinkle tops with goat cheese and Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden brown and centres are set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm. (Or let cool completely, cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 3 days.)
- Tip: If using fresh bread to prepare the recipe, scatter cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; toast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly dried out but not browned.