Smoked Prosciutto-Wrapped Pears with Honey and Goat Cheese
These appetizers look impressive, but they’re actually a cinch to make.
- 2 Bosc pears, cored
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) goat cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch pepper
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Smoked Prosciutto
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- Quarter pears lengthwise; cut each quarter in half to make 16 pieces. Set aside.
- Combine goat cheese, lemon juice, thyme and pepper; spread evenly over sides of each piece of pear.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half crosswise. Wrap each piece of pear with prosciutto; secure with toothpick. Drizzle with honey.
- Tip: Add a few leaves of arugula to the pears before wrapping with prosciutto for added flavour and colour.