Stuffed Pasta Shells with Hot Genoa Salami
This rich and creamy stuffed pasta is sure to add a spicy kick to your dinner table.
- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 12 oz (350 g) cooked large shrimp, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) small broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 pkg (150 g) Mastro® Hot Genoa Salami, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cook pasta shells according to package directions until almost tender but still slightly firm. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well and place on damp tea towel.
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, salt and pepper for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add shrimp, broccoli, peas and salami. Set aside.
- In saucepan set over medium heat, bring cream and sour cream to simmer; whisk in Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon filling into pasta shells. Arrange in greased 11- x 8-inch (2 L) baking dish. Pour cream mixture over top; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes or until top is golden and edges are bubbling.
- Tip: Substitute shredded cooked chicken for shrimp if desired.