Charcuterie Potato Rösti
Serve these yummy rösti potatoes for breakfast or brunch. They also make a an impressive appetizer or side dish.
- 1 pkg (150 g) of Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Mediterranean Flavours
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and skin on
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- Shred potatoes using largest holes on box grater. Season with salt and pepper; let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; in 4 batches, drop 1/2-cup (125 mL) portions of potatoes into skillet. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown on each side, adding oil as needed.
- Chop Mediterranean Trio slices. Arrange rösti on serving plate; top each with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped charcuterie. Sprinkle with chives.
- Tip#1: Substitute crème fraîche for sour cream if desired.
- Tip#2: For easy entertaining, rösti can be made ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 day. Reheat in 375˚F (190˚C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Tip#3: Substitute butter for olive oil if desired.