Brie Wrapped with Capocollo in Puff Pastry
Serve this warm and creamy Brie cheese wrapped in capocollo and puff pastry for an elegant entertaining appetizer or a cosy family night. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a glass of wine and good company.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Extra Lean Capocollo
- 1 round of Brie cheese (8 oz/250 g)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place puff pastry on lightly floured work surface. Stir together Dijon, honey and thyme; spread over pastry. Top with half of the capocollo slices to form a circle in centre of pastry. Place Brie over top and cover with remaining capocollo slices. Fold up pastry over cheese and capocollo, overlapping edges and sealing with some of the egg.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet; brush with remaining egg. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and flaky. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Tip: Recipe can be prepared and refrigerated up to one day ahead before baking.
Products used in this Recipe
Prosciutto-Wrapped Dates with Herbed Goat CheeseView Recipe
Spicy Caponata with Hot Calabrese SalamiView Recipe
Green Bean, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Salad with Grilled GrapesView Recipe