Spring Antipasto Platter
Celebrate National Deli Meat Day with this fresh and colourful party platter.
- 1 baguette loaf, sliced into 24 rounds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 lb/500 g), steamed
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into wedges
- 1 pkg (250 g) Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Cooked
- 1 tub (250 g) fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 small radishes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) green olives
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush both sides of baguette slices with 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil. Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet; broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and toasted. Transfer to rack.
- Toss green onions with 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Halve prosciutto lengthwise; wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each asparagus stalk. Place on baking sheet with green onions. Toss fennel gently with 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil; place on same baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes or until fennel and green onions are tender. Let cool completely.
- Arrange capocollo and mortadella on large platter or board. Combine ricotta with basil; spoon into serving bowl and add to platter. Arrange green onions, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, fennel, radishes and olives on platter. Drizzle remaining olive oil over top. Sprinkle with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Garnish platter with basil leaves. Serve with toasted baguette rounds.
- Tip#1: Substitute fresh buffalo mozzarella or burrata for ricotta if desired.
- Tip#2: Alternatively, grill both green onions and asparagus.
Products used in this Recipe
Cheese Curd Poutine with Capocollo or Prosciutto CottoView Recipe
Potato Salami Pizza with Truffle OilView Recipe
Chicken Cacciatore with Red WineView Recipe