Spring Antipasto Platter
Celebrate National Deli Meat Day with this fresh and colourful party platter.
- 1 baguette loaf, sliced into 24 rounds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 lb/500 g), steamed
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into wedges
- 1 pkg (250 g) Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Cooked
- 1 tub (250 g) fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 8 small radishes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) green olives
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush both sides of baguette slices with 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil. Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet; broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown and toasted. Transfer to rack.
- Toss green onions with 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Arrange on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Halve prosciutto lengthwise; wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each asparagus stalk. Place on baking sheet with green onions. Toss fennel gently with 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil; place on same baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes or until fennel and green onions are tender. Let cool completely.
- Arrange capocollo and mortadella on large platter or board. Combine ricotta with basil; spoon into serving bowl and add to platter. Arrange green onions, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, fennel, radishes and olives on platter. Drizzle remaining olive oil over top. Sprinkle with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Garnish platter with basil leaves. Serve with toasted baguette rounds.
- Tip#1: Substitute fresh buffalo mozzarella or burrata for ricotta if desired.
- Tip#2: Alternatively, grill both green onions and asparagus.