Charcuterie Trio Ragu with Spaghetti
Perfect for dinner, this quick and easy ragu delivers big flavours in very little time.
- 1 lb (500 g) spaghetti
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 pkg (150 g) of Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Dry Cured
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups (500 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chopped charcuterie meats, onion, carrot, celery and rosemary for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid and Parmesan to skillet; toss until pasta is well coated. Sprinkle parsley over top.
- Tip: If desired, you can use the ragu sauce for lasagna too.