San Daniele Mortadella Reuben Sandwich
Tip: Lightly toast your sandwich to make sure it’s crispy and withstands the juice from the sauerkraut and dressing.
- 1 package sliced San Daniele® Mortadella, divided
- 4 slices of dark or marble rye bread
- 1 1/2 cup sauerkraut, strained well and divided
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp grainy mustard, divided
- 2 Tbsp Thousand Island dressing
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Dill pickles, halved
- Place a piece of Swiss cheese on each slice of bread and then spread with grainy mustard.
- Now add the layers of San Daniele® Mortadella.
- Spread the Thousand Island dressing on a second slice of bread and layer the sauerkraut on top.
- Fold the two sides together to form a sandwich. Spread soft butter over the top and place butter side down in a hot pan.
- Now spread butter over the side facing up and cover the pan loosely with a lid until the bottom is golden brown then flip and cook until that side is golden brown.
- Serve with a crunchy dill pickle and enjoy!