Apple and Prosciutto Salad
This healthy, fresh and crunchy green salad is filling enough for a light lunch.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Prosciutto, torn
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped pecans
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried parsley
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh chives
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- Toss together spinach, apple, prosciutto, cranberries, pecans, pumpkin seeds and vinaigrette.
- Tips: Try walnuts and sunflower seeds instead of pecans and pumpkin seeds if desired. Add crumbled blue cheese if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
White Bean, Arugula and Capocollo StuffingView Recipe
Mini Eggplant and Capocollo RollatiniView Recipe
Grilled Fig and Taleggio Cups with ProsciuttoView Recipe