No need for special equipment! Enjoy raclette at home with cooking tools and utensils you already have handy.
1 cast iron pan, about 9 inch
150 to 200g of Raclette cheese per person cut in thick slices
Specialty Deli Meats
You’ll want to have 3 varieties of specialty deli meats (125g to 150g of each). We recommend:
2-3 packages of any of our Charcuterie Trios or a mix of the following:
1 package Mastro® Prosciutto Cotto
1 package Mastro® Hot Genoa salami
1 package San Daniele® Prosciutto
4-5 Medium Potatoes, quartered
1 small jar (375 ml) of French cornichons
1 small jar (375 ml) of pickled onions
2 Boston lettuces
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
1) POTATOES: Add the potatoes to a pot of generously salted cold water, bring to a boil. Let the potatoes cook 15 to 20 minutes, until the tip of a knife comes out loosely.
2) SALAD: In a salad bowl mix together, vinegar, mustard and a pinch of salt. Add oil and mix again. Toss the salad in the vinaigrette and finish with pepper
3) Arrange a few Potatoes, Salad, 3-4 slices of Charcuterie Meats and accompaniments on 4 separate plates.
4) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) or set broil to low temp, if you have this option.
5) Poor 1 tsp of olive oil in the cast iron pan
6) Cover the bottom of the skillet with one slice of cheese.
7) Put the skillet in the oven and let it melt 5 to 8 minutes.
8) When the cheese is melted, serve immediately over the dish. Repeat until all plates are covered in Raclette Cheese.
*Be sure to put something under the very hot cast iron pan, it will be hot!
Products used in this Recipe
Oven-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Salami, Peppers and Baby PotatoesView Recipe
Classic Holiday Charcuterie BoardView Recipe
Baked Cauliflower Gratin with SopressataView Recipe