Grilled Onion and Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 red onion, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) slices
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) prepared pizza dough
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Prosciutto, torn
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) toasted chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat. Brush onion slices with 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil. Grill, turning once, for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until soft and golden; set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into rectangular shape about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick; brush with 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil. Place, oiled side down, directly on grill; grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until surface starts to bubble and bottom is grill-marked. Using tongs, flip over and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer doughy underneath. Remove from grill.
- Brush crust with remaining olive oil; sprinkle with mozzarella, blue cheese and grilled onion. Return to grill; cook with lid down over indirect heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill; top with prosciutto and arugula. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and drizzle with honey.
- Tip: To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread walnuts in even layer on baking sheet; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden brown.