Herbed Sweet Potato and Ham Linguini
- 12 oz (375 g) whole wheat linguini
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Mastro® Roasted Ham Tuscany Style Ham
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each finely chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook sweet potato, ham, onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and half of the salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender-crisp. Stir in cream; bring to boil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add linguini, reserved cooking liquid and remaining salt and pepper to skillet, tossing until well coated and sweet potato is tender but not mushy. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Tip: Top with extra freshly cracked pepper if desired.
- Tip: Substitute butternut squash for sweet potato if desired.
- Tip: Add frozen peas or corn to the linguini in the last few minutes of cooking.
Products used in this Recipe
BBQ Mortadella MeltsView Recipe
Prosciutto Wrapped AsparagusView Recipe
Mediterranean Trio Crepes with BéchamelView Recipe