Herbed Sweet Potato and Ham Linguini
- 12 oz (375 g) whole wheat linguini
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Mastro® Roasted Ham Tuscany Style Ham
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each finely chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook sweet potato, ham, onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and half of the salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender-crisp. Stir in cream; bring to boil. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add linguini, reserved cooking liquid and remaining salt and pepper to skillet, tossing until well coated and sweet potato is tender but not mushy. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Tip: Top with extra freshly cracked pepper if desired.
- Tip: Substitute butternut squash for sweet potato if desired.
- Tip: Add frozen peas or corn to the linguini in the last few minutes of cooking.