Fig & Prosciutto Parmesan Cups
- 8 Dried Figs, stems trimmed
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele Prosciutto
- 2 Cups of grated parmesan
- 4 tsp (20 mL) honey
- Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Grate 2 cups of parmesan.
- Cut figs into quarters
- Place a mini muffin tin upside down on a flat surface.
- We recommend making the parmesan cups in 2 batches as you have to work quickly with them when they come out of the oven.
- To make the cups, place 2 tbsp sized mounds of grated parmesan on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Make sure that the mounds are at least 2 inches apart. Flatten the parmesan mounds out to form circles roughly 2 inches wide.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 5 minutes until parmesan begins to bubble and turn golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven and working quickly, peel each circle off of the tray and press into a muffin tin to form cups. Use a spoon to flatten the bottom of the cups, pinch the edges and allow to cool.
- Once the cups have cooled, remove them from the muffin tin.
- Fill cups with prosciutto, top with fig quarter and fresh thyme.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
- Tip: These cups are great appetizer and also a great addition to any charcuterie board.