Grilled Eggplant and Prosciutto Caprese Stacks
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 12 oz (375 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into rounds
- 1 pkg (125 g) sliced San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared balsamic reduction
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil. Season all over with salt and pepper. Grill, turning as needed, for 10 to 12 minutes or until well marked and tender. Let cool slightly.
- Arrange eggplant on serving platter; top each slice with tomato, basil and mozzarella. Shape prosciutto slices into delicate mounds and divide evenly over each stack. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Add a kick of heat by adding pickled hot pepper rings to the stacks, or sprinkle eggplant with hot pepper flakes before grilling.
Products used in this Recipe
Juicy Italian BurgerView Recipe
The Spirit of RacletteView Recipe
Spicy Mortadella and Rapini Focaccia SandwichesView Recipe