Goat Cheese, Capocollo and Arugula Omelette
Capocollo is a delicately spiced, cured pork with a slightly smoky flavour.
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 8 slices Mastro® Extra Lean Capocollo
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Melt 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) butter in nonstick skillet set over medium heat; pour in 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the egg mixture, tilting pan to coat bottom. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is set, pushing cooked eggs towards centre of pan and lifting sides of omelette to allow raw egg to run underneath.
- Lay 2 slices capocollo and 1/4 cup (60 mL) arugula over one half of the omelette; sprinkle with 2 tbsp (30 mL) goat cheese. Gently fold omelette in half to enclose toppings. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, capocollo, arugula and goat cheese to make 4 omelettes.
- Tip: When making multiple omelettes, keep them warm in a 200°F (100°C) oven.
Products used in this Recipe
Mediterranean Pissaladière (French Pizza)View Recipe
Prosciutto Cotto and White Bean Soup with KaleView Recipe
Creamy Penne with Mushrooms and PancettaView Recipe