San Daniele Prosciutto Cheesy Herb Waffle
Tip: To save time, the waffles can be made before and stored in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven at 200 degrees or in a toaster oven until warm. This recipe can easily be gluten free by substituting with a gluten free flour.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp of baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp of sugar
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of shredded cheddar of your choice
- 1 package of San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 or 2 fresh basil leaves
- Salted butter for spreading
- 2 Tbsp of honey for drizzling
- In a medium sized bowl whisk the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In the same bowl add the milk, egg, and vegetable oil and whisk together but do not whisk too thin making sure to leave some lumps.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium high.
- Lightly spray the waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Use 1/4 cup of the batter and place onto the center of the waffle iron forming a circle and press the lid down and cook for 4-5 mins. Lift the lid once to ensure the waffle is cooking to desired texture. Once done, lay on a wire rack for cooling.
- Assemble toppings, San Daniele® Prosciutto, goat cheese, tomatoes and basil on waffles, finish with a light drizzle of honey. Serve and enjoy!