Green Bean, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Salad with Grilled Grapes
- 1 lb (500 g) green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) red seedless grapes, cut into small clusters
- 6 slices San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped walnuts
- 2 oz (60 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped chives
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Drain and immediately plunge into bowl of ice water; let cool completely. Drain and dry well using tea towel; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Whisk together vinegar, honey, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. While whisking constantly, slowly pour in olive oil until well combined and emulsified. Toss grapes with 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinaigrette. Grill, turning as needed, for about 5 minutes or until lightly marked and softened.
- Toss green beans with enough of the vinaigrette to coat; arrange on long, shallow platter. Tear prosciutto into ribbons and scatter over green beans. Top with grape clusters. Sprinkle with walnuts, goat cheese and chives. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Substitute fresh figs or pear wedges for grapes if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
White Bean, Arugula and Capocollo StuffingView Recipe
Salametti and Fontina Pinwheel RollsView Recipe
Classic Holiday Charcuterie BoardView Recipe