Gnocchi with Ham Cream Sauce and Toasted Walnuts
Impress guests with an indulgent pasta dish full of flavour that comes together quickly.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 8 slices Mastro® Oven Roasted Ham with Rosemary, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) gnocchi, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- Cracked pepper
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook ham for about 2 minutes or until starting to brown around edges. Add shallots; cook for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add gnocchi; cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Stir in Alfredo sauce and chicken stock. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Transfer to shallow platter; sprinkle with walnuts, chives and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Top gnocchi with sautéed shrimp or seared scallops; serve with a tossed green salad for a bistro-inspired menu.