Grilled Tomato and Arugula Bruschetta
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 oz (125 g) Mastro® Hot Calabrese Salami, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared balsamic reduction
- In bowl, toss together tomatoes, salami, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, basil and parsley. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining olive oil. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until well marked and toasted.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto baguette slices. Top with arugula and drizzle with balsamic reduction.
- Tip: For a vibrant presentation, use a variety of colourful cherry tomatoes or chopped heirloom tomatoes for the bruschetta.