The one pot raclette!
- 1.5 kg of medium size potatoes
- 1 package Mastro® diced or sliced pancetta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) white wine
- 450g mild raclette cheese, sliced thick.
- 1 package Mastro® Genoa salami, sliced thick julienne style.
- 2 cups – torn baguette chunks (1-2inches)
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped flat leaf parsley and 8 small French cornichons thinly slice.
- Add the potatoes to a pot of generously salted cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. When the potatoes are tender, drain and cut in half.
- In a pan over medium heat, add pancetta and cook for 5 minutes until pancetta is golden and crispy. Add onion, cooked until soften, 3 to 4 minutes then add garlic. Mix and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Add the cut potatoes to the pan of pancetta and onion, mix to combine flavour.
- Over medium-high heat, add white wine and reduce by half.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer into a 4 qt (10”x 15“) baking dish.
- Cover the potatoes with the slice of raclette cheese, then sprinkle the salami and the chunks of baguette.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the salami is lightly cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and gherkin.
- Serve with a crispy green salad.