Puff Pastry Capocollo Twists
Kids and parents will have fun twisting and eating these quick and easy pastry snacks.
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry, thawed and cold
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 6 slices of Mastro® Capocollo
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). On lightly floured surface, unroll pastry into 10-inch (25 cm) square.
- Brush with mustard. Arrange capocollo slices in single layer over top, pressing into pastry with hands. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut pastry into 12 strips.
- Twist strips and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Tip#1: Substitute Parmesan or Pecorino Romano for Asiago cheese if desired.
- Tip #2: Add a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper, finely chopped fresh thyme or rosemary to twists if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
Herbed Sweet Potato and Ham LinguiniView Recipe
Caprese and Tuscan Ham QuesadillaView Recipe
White Bean, Arugula and Capocollo StuffingView Recipe