Puff Pastry Capocollo Twists
Kids and parents will have fun twisting and eating these quick and easy pastry snacks.
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry, thawed and cold
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 6 slices of Mastro® Capocollo
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). On lightly floured surface, unroll pastry into 10-inch (25 cm) square.
- Brush with mustard. Arrange capocollo slices in single layer over top, pressing into pastry with hands. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut pastry into 12 strips.
- Twist strips and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Tip#1: Substitute Parmesan or Pecorino Romano for Asiago cheese if desired.
- Tip #2: Add a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper, finely chopped fresh thyme or rosemary to twists if desired.