Salami and Chicken Saltimbocca
This variation of classic saltimbocca uses salami for a tasty recipe that is sure to please your family and friends.
- 1 lb (500 g) angel hair pasta
- 6 chicken scallopini
- 6 slices Mastro® Sopressata Salami
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, slice sopressata salami into smaller strips and top each chicken scallopini with 4-5 slices and 2 sage leaves.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to plate. In same skillet, cook garlic for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return chicken to skillet; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat. Stir in butter just until melted.
- Serve chicken over pasta; drizzle with pan sauce. Sprinkle parsley over top.
- Tip: Substitute pork, turkey or veal scallopini for chicken if desired.