Salami and Chicken Saltimbocca
This variation of classic saltimbocca uses salami for a tasty recipe that is sure to please your family and friends.
- 1 lb (500 g) angel hair pasta
- 6 chicken scallopini
- 6 slices Mastro® Sopressata Salami
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Meanwhile, slice sopressata salami into smaller strips and top each chicken scallopini with 4-5 slices and 2 sage leaves.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to plate. In same skillet, cook garlic for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return chicken to skillet; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is slightly thickened. Remove pan from heat. Stir in butter just until melted.
- Serve chicken over pasta; drizzle with pan sauce. Sprinkle parsley over top.
- Tip: Substitute pork, turkey or veal scallopini for chicken if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
Creamy Penne with Mushrooms and PancettaView Recipe
Mastro Hot Calabrese Mediterranean Sheet Pan Dinner with HalloumiView Recipe
Open Faced Speck-Smoked Prosciutto Caprese SandwichView Recipe