Spaghetti Puttanesca with Genoa Salami
Quick cooking and ready in minutes, this classic pasta dish is filled with lots of pleasing, robust flavours.
- 1 lb (500 g) spaghetti
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 pkg (125 g pkg) Mastro® Mild Genoa Salami
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) halved pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) capers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook salami, olives, capers, garlic, anchovy paste, oregano and hot pepper flakes for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 10 minutes. Toss sauce with pasta, reserved cooking liquid, parsley, and salt and pepper until well coated.
- Tip: Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.