Spaghetti Puttanesca with Genoa Salami
Quick cooking and ready in minutes, this classic pasta dish is filled with lots of pleasing, robust flavours.
- 1 lb (500 g) spaghetti
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 pkg (125 g pkg) Mastro® Mild Genoa Salami
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) halved pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) capers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook salami, olives, capers, garlic, anchovy paste, oregano and hot pepper flakes for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Stir in tomatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer; cook for 10 minutes. Toss sauce with pasta, reserved cooking liquid, parsley, and salt and pepper until well coated.
- Tip: Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
Grilled Fig and Taleggio Cups with ProsciuttoView Recipe
San Daniele Mortadella Reuben SandwichView Recipe
Burrata and Prosciutto Crostini with Basil-Infused HoneyView Recipe