Mastro Bechamel Lasagna
Tip: You can substitute any Mastro® dry cured meat in this dish or spice it up and use Mastro Hot Calabrese instead!
- 1 package of Mastro® Salami with Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano torn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated (reserve 1 cup for the top layer)
- 2 cups firm ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 package frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 package fresh lasagna sheet
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook until fragrant. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the milk and broth. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Set the cheese sauce aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the ricotta, gruyere, and spinach.
- Spread 1/4 of the cheese sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with a lasagna sheet. Spread each layer with the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/4 cup of the cheese sauce and slices of Mastro® Salami with Prosciutto. Continue this process until your pan is full.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce over top. Top with 1 cup of parmesan cheese and arrange the remaining Salami with Prosciutto on top.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the top has browned a bit. Let stand 25 minutes before serving.