BBQ Mortadella Melts
The familiar sweet flavours in these grilled sandwiches will appeal to adults and young gourmets alike.
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) barbecue sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 pkg (175 g) San Daniele® Classica Mortadella Sliced
- 4 thinly sliced pineapple rings
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Spread 4 slices of bread with barbecue sauce. Layer provolone, mortadella, pineapple, green onions and mozzarella cheese over top; cap with remaining bread.
- Brush outside of sandwiches with melted butter. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are grill-marked.
- Tip: For a spicy kick, use pickled banana peppers.