Burrata and Prosciutto Crostini with Basil-Infused Honey
A homemade infused honey takes only a few minutes to prepare and adds loads of fresh flavour to these easy-to-assemble crostini.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) loosely packed torn fresh basil
- 14 slices baguette, cut diagonally
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 7 slices (125 g) San Daniele® Prosciutto, halved
- 8 oz (250 g) burrata cheese, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) loosely packed arugula
- In microwavable cup, combine honey and basil; microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until honey is runny and warmed through but not boiling. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush baguette slices with oil; toast on foil-lined baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each baguette slice with slice of prosciutto and burrata; scatter arugula over top. Drizzle with honey.
- Tip: Substitute fresh buffalo mozzarella or goat cheese for burrata cheese if desired.
- Tip: Substitute 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried basil for fresh basil.
- Tip: Use leftover basil-infused honey in salad dressings or drizzle over fresh fruit.
Products used in this Recipe
Mastro® Pepperoni Keto Eggplant PizzaView Recipe
Apple and Prosciutto SaladView Recipe
Farfalle with Butternut Squash, Pancetta and SageView Recipe