Capocollo and Asiago Cheese Bread
This foolproof quick bread is the perfect baking project for budding little chefs to make with mom and dad.
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 4 oz (125 g) Mastro® Capocollo, diced
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each finely chopped fresh basil, parsley and chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 5- x 9-inch (13 x 23 cm) loaf pan; line bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, garlic powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. In large measuring cup, stir milk with lemon juice. Let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs, oil and honey with fork until blended; stir into flour mixture (do not overmix).
- Stir in capocollo, Asiago, Parmesan, basil, parsley and chives. Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes; turn out onto rack. Let cool completely.
- Tip: Alternatively, bake in muffin cups.
Products used in this Recipe
Mastro® Pepperoni Pizza Pasta BakeView Recipe
Grilled Corn and Prosciutto SaladView Recipe
Red & White Festive SkewersView Recipe