Prosciutto Cotto and White Bean Soup with Kale
Pair this veggie-packed soup with crusty bread for a hearty, healthy lunch or dinner.
You can also try this recipe with Mastro® Oven Roasted Ham, sliced fresh from the deli counter.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 3-4 slices Mastro® Prosciutto Cotto, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) red chili flakes
- 8 cups (2 L) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped kale leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; sauté diced Prosciutto Cotto, garlic, celery, carrot, onion, thyme and chili flakes for 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth and beans; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in kale, basil, lemon juice and salt.
- Tip: To make ahead, let soup cool; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 4 days.