San Daniele Prosciutto and Sage Garlic Bread
Tip: to add some heat include a pinch of red pepper flakes to the herb butter mixture!
- 1 medium to large sized french style loaf of your choice
- 4 slices of San Daniele® Prosciutto, halved
- 10-12 sage leaves
- 1 Tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt flakes and pepper
- Preheat oven (and baking stone if using) to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor, combine the herbs, butter and garlic to create a spread.
- Carefully slice the loaf about 2cm using a serrated knife making sure not to slice right through. Roughly makes 8 slices depending on the size of your loaf.
- With a butter knife or offset spatula, begin spreading the butter herb mixture into the slices and top of the loaf. Don't be afraid to be generous with the butter!
- Place the halved pieces of San Daniele® prosciutto and sage leaves into the bread slices. Ensure the sage leaves are placed close to the top of the slices for a crispy result.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15-20 mins until browned.
- Remove from the oven. Serve immediately and enjoy!