Creamy Penne with Mushrooms and Pancetta
Serve this comforting pasta dish with a simple green salad for the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 12 oz (350 g) penne pasta
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 6 oz (170 g) Mastro® Pancetta, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups (1 L) sliced mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 35% whipping cream
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup (75 mL) pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook shallot for about 2 minutes or until softened. Add pancetta and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mushrooms are golden and no liquid remains. Add wine; simmer for about 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add cream, salt and pepper; simmer for about 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- Toss sauce with penne and reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Tip: Use a mixture of cremini, shiitake and oyster mushrooms if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
Italian Hero Sandwich with CaponataView Recipe
Fig and Mortadella Open Face CiabattaView Recipe
Avocado Smash with ProsciuttoView Recipe