Easy Veggie Leftovers Fritters
Bursting with freshness, leftover veggies and flavourful ham, these fritters are going to disappear so quickly you’ll wish you had made a double batch!
- Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each chopped fresh parsley and basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely chopped, assorted leftover vegetables (broccoli, peas, corn, carrots and squash)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 8 slices Mastro® Oven Roasted Ham with Rosemary, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- Herbed Yogurt Sauce: Stir together yogurt, parsley, basil, chives, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Fritters: Stir together vegetables, flour, onion, parsley, ham, eggs, garlic, baking powder, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Heat half of the oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Using 1/3 cup (75 mL) measure, drop mounds of batter into skillet, about 1 inch (5 cm) apart. In batches, cook, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes or until fritters are golden brown on the outside and set in centre, adding more oil as needed. Serve with Herbed Yogurt Sauce for dipping.
- These fritters are great at room temperature, or they can also be made in advance and held in a warm oven for up to 1 hour.