Fennel and Prosciutto Bites
- 1 fennel bulb
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped black olives
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 12 slices San Daniele® Prosciutto
- Remove fennel fronds from bulb; chop and set aside. Trim top and bottom of bulb; separate layers, discarding outer layer. Cut each layer into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wide wedges.
- Fold together ricotta, basil, olives, chives, orange zest, salt and pepper; dollop onto each fennel wedge. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise. Drape gently over ricotta mixture and fennel fronds. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: Transform these bites from a simple snack to haute hors d'oeuvres by garnishing each wedge with a small basil leaf, orange segment and toasted pine nuts.
Products used in this Recipe
Mushroom and Pancetta Goat Cheese LogView Recipe
Turkey Breast with Hot Genoa Salami and Pistachio StuffingView Recipe
Brussels Sprouts and Smoked Prosciutto SaladView Recipe