Fig and Mortadella Open Face Ciabatta
With a quick sweet-and-sour homemade fig jam, this flavourful mortadella sandwich will please any discerning palate.
- 8 dried figs, stems trimmed
- 4 tsp (20 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grainy mustard
- 8 slices ciabatta bread, toasted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Mortadella
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- Bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Stir in figs; poach for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool completely.
- In small food processor or blender, mix together poached figs, vinegar, honey and mustard until jam-like consistency.
- Brush toasted bread with oil; spread with fig jam. Top with mortadella, arugula and goat cheese.
- Tip: Fig jam is also a great addition to a charcuterie board.
Products used in this Recipe
Roasted Italian Potatoes with Genoa SalamiView Recipe
Prosciutto Wrapped AsparagusView Recipe
Mediterranean Chickpea and Salami SaladView Recipe