Creamy Mushroom and Pancetta Linguine with Spinach
This quick pasta in a rich rosé sauce with flavourful mushrooms, pancetta and spinach makes a satisfying weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb (500 g) linguine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 8 oz (250 g) Mastro® Pancetta, diced
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry white wine
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) prepared tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 4 cups (1 L) loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) loosely packed torn fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook pancetta for about 3 minutes or until fat starts to render. Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or pancetta is crispy around edges and mushrooms start to brown.
- Pour in wine; bring to boil. Cook for about 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in tomato sauce and cream; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid and spinach to skillet; toss until spinach wilts and pasta is well coated. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan and basil.
- Tip: Substitute chicken broth and splash of lemon juice for white wine if desired.
- Tip: Add chicken, shrimp or chickpeas to pasta for more protein.
Products used in this Recipe
Italian Hero Sandwich with CaponataView Recipe
Spaghetti Puttanesca with Genoa SalamiView Recipe
Butternut Squash Hummus with Prosciutto CrostiniView Recipe