San Daniele Prosciutto 20 Minute Orzo
Tip: remember to keep your eye on the prosciutto while in the oven and not to over bake. Use a gluten- free orzo as an alternative.
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups of parmesan cheese
- 1 package of San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 1 large clove of garlic, grated
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 Tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp of chopped parsley
- 2 1/2 cups of orzo pasta
- 3 1/4 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp of salted butter (at room temperature)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 container of burrata cheese (at room temperature)
- Handful of fresh basil leaves for serving as desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the prosciutto pieces side by side. Place in the oven and bake until the prosciutto is crispy, around 8 mins.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, parmesan, garlic, thyme, parsley, chives and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the uncooked orzo pasta and toast for roughly 3 minutes.
- Add 3 1/4 cups of water, a pinch of salt, the red pepper flakes, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent from sticking. Cook orzo until al dente.
- Remove from heat and add the butter and then the egg mixture stirring continuously until the sauce has thickened.
- Top with crispy San Daniele® Prosciutto, freshly torn burrata cheese, basil leaves and a drizzle of your favourite olive oil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!