Grilled Corn and Prosciutto Salad
Perfect when late summer corn is plentiful, this Mexican street corn–inspired salad is fresh, lively and absolutely delicious. Serve as an appetizer or side dish.
- 4 cobs corn, husks and silk removed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red onion
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt, pepper and chipotle chili powder
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 pkg (125 g) sliced San Daniele® Prosciutto, cut in half horizontally
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill corn, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until grill-marked and tender. Let cool completely and slice kernels from cobs.
- In bowl, toss together corn kernels, mayonnaise, red onion, half of the green onions, jalapeño pepper, lime zest, lime juice, oil, cumin, salt, pepper and chipotle powder. Stir in feta and basil.
- Transfer to serving plate. Top with prosciutto and sprinkle with remaining green onions.
- Tip#1: Substitute green or red bell pepper for jalapeño pepper if desired.
- Tip#2: Substitute crumbled goat cheese for feta cheese.
Products used in this Recipe
Spring Antipasto PlatterView Recipe
Potato Cups with Devilled Prosciutto SaladView Recipe
The Spirit of RacletteView Recipe